Susan G. Komen® Northwest NC us excited to announce a formalized approach to our Play for the Cure athletic program proudly sponsored by Dick’s Sporting Goods. Play for the Cure is a great way to challenge schools and athletes in our 22-county service area to raise awareness and money about local impact, breast health and the fight against breast cancer.
First, the goal of the program is to educate young athletes and their families about breast health and the impact Komen Northwest NC has in their community. If the team chooses to raise funds through the Play for the Cure program, know that 75% of the proceeds are used to fund local breast health education, mammograms and non-medical treatment needs throughout the 22 counties we serve. The remaining 25% helps fund life-saving research through the National Susan G. Komen® Grant Program. Our affiliate of Susan G. Komen® has been able to raise over $6 million dollars in local grants and has given over $2 million dollars towards research.
To get schools involved is easy!
- Pick a home game
- Determine how you want to raise awareness about breast health and resources in your community and ideas if you are interested in fundraising
- Send in the completed registration form to 1106 Burke St. Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Click here to view the application form for Play for the Cure
For more questions about our Play for the Cure program please contact Brittany Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (336) 721-0037.